Call for Book Designer – Deadline to apply: Saturday August 10, 2019
SAC is planning their second “Art & Word” book with a mix of images and writing. We require the services of a person to:
- Receive, collate and colour proof entries (liaison with book committee)
- Design and create the interior layout as well as the cover
If you would like to be considered as the book designer please send your estimate with an outline of services you would be providing for the book creation. Any other information such as previous books design experience would also be helpful. Do not include printing costs with your proposal.
Book Specs & Services Required
- Receive entries and confirm with entrants. Coordinate with book committee for adjudication. Pass entries to Book Committee for approval. This can be done by printing out entries in rough form.
- approximately 150 pages, 8×10 inch or 8.5 x 11 inch, full bleed
Cover – full colour, wrap around image, design & formatting required
- Interior: a mix of submitted colour photos and text, concept, design & formatting required
- Provide at least three concepts with two revisions for cover and interior.
- Printer liaison – coordinate with designated printer and get their specs for printing and send files when approved. Arrange for proof and delivery of books.
Email your proposal and estimate to: with “Book Design Proposal “ in the subject line. If you have not received a confirmation email of receipt of your proposal within 48 hours phone 250-380-8090.